The Mountain Goats - Wild Sage
WOW INDEED. I’ve been thinking about doing a big giveaway for a while now so… here we are :O I think I explained everything in the pics but here’s the info!
- one winner randomly chosen january 1st 2014, wins 75 stickers, three prints (pixel pokes gens 1, 2 and 3!) and a copy of the pixel zine I was apart of!
- reblog to enter!
- free worldwide postage!
- any purchases made from my bigcartel or redbubble stores will be refunded if you win!
(if you’d consider buying something from either one of my stores I’d be extremely grateful!! right now there’s a combo pack of all three pixel gen prints that could make a nice christmas present maybe!!)
yeah!!!!!!!!! good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ٩(•̤̀ᵕ•̤́๑)ᵒᵏᵎᵎᵎᵎ
classyraptor asked me to be a part of a big mario character colab on twitter where 80 different people draw a different character each! I chose KING BOO because ghost king.
sort the cubes is a game I made over the course of about a week! it’s about sorting cubes and responsibility and wanting to live in the stars. also, achievements!!
I made it as my second unity experiment (and my first 3D!) so it’s not super polished. I posted about making it here! the game also features beautiful music by ghostwater (thanks jake!!)
[play sort the cubes in the browser]
camera control fully implemented as an unlockable cheat mode! (with help from jack!!). it doesn’t help you play the game at all but it’s fun to fly around in the stars and watch the cubes go everywhere from different angles.
I’d say I’m about 25% done with implementing cheats? the system for it is all set up but there are some cheats (free flying camera, ones that induce visual effects) I’m not totally sure on how to actually… make happen. but when I figure it out it shouldn’t be too hard to put them in!
once I’m done with cheats I’m gonna try tidy up the box collisions (they’re a bit dodgy rn - they go through each other a lot) and Jake is fine tuning some music but then… I think I’ll be done! phew.
sort the cubes update!!
finished writing all the messages the lil guy in the corner can say, including a 2 min conversation with you about being in space and how the stars are pretty made up of sentences that’ll be randomly picked every time it happens.
I’ve also got achievements working! next I’ve gotta get them displaying cheat codes that can be entered and THEN I’ve gotta actually implement the cheats themselves. but I think I know how I’m gonna do it!
today I’ve been working on getting this lil guy saying different messages at different points in the game. they’re sure you’re gonna sort just so many cubes, they know you are, you can do it friend!!
progress update on Sort the Cubes!
- reset button works by changing the position/rotation/force of moveable objects back to their original, changing the timer back to 60, the collected cube values back to 0 and deleting/re-spawning the cubes. this’s done instead of resetting the entire level so certain values are kept for…
- achievements! when each is satisfied, they display a code that can be entered to unlock…
- cheats!! enabled by entering a correct string of characters, can be enabled or disabled.
these’re the planned achievement/cheat combos rn:
place a cube in the right tray —> increase shake strength
sort 100 cubes —> reduce shake strength
complete game once —> more cubes spawned
camera hit —> big cube mode
spend 2 minutes in space —> free fly camera mode
end game with wrong colour cube in tray —> black and white mode
end game with correct cube in any tray —> “you win” mode
end game with correct cube in all trays —> mlg mode
star field added, just to make it all the nicer if the camera gets knocked away. plans for today include
- finalising the GUI
- menu and restart screens
- look into achievements and cheat codes
this’s more like it - 15(ish) of each colour spawning randomly between set points (which need to be tweaked a bit). kinda preferred the infinite stream of red cubes but this is a little more practical
I want to jump right into a new unity experiment, this time I want to try something 3D! here’re the plans for the tentatively dubbed “sort the cubes! also there’s an earthquake or something” (btw, I’ll start tagging stuff like this as “game dev”)
- player is presented with a container full of cubes
- goal is to sort them into other containers (by colour)
- world begins to shake and goal becomes near impossible
- messages displayed on events (correct/incorrect cube sorting, items lost due to shaking, etc)
- shaking increases in amplitude
- game win if items sorted before shaking causes all items to be lost
- basics of 3D game dev (objects in a 3D space, interactions/manipulation, physics)
- recognising objects to be in “right” or “wrong” areas
- slowly changing environment (shaking increases over time)
- use of own imported 3D models
purr is a mini game baby where you pet a cat to keep it purring and the cat talks to you about getting stuck and rainy days. made over the course of three (rainy) days, dev (somewhat) documented here!
[play purr in the browser]
(you’ll need the unity plugin)